2016 Awards Nominations
Nominate today! LAPCAE is seeking nominees for its 2016 Awards. The deadline to nominate is June 25th.
- Full-Time Teacher of the Year
- Full-Time Support Personnel of the Year
- Part-Time Teacher of the Year
- Part-Time Support Personnel of the Year
- Administrator of the Year
LAPCAE's Student Scholarship and Research Grant awards are also open for nomination. Let's celebrate the wonderful work that has happened over the last year!
The Louisiana Association for Public, Community and Adult Education (LAPCAE) promotes parish and state educational opportunities for all persons who are directly or indirectly related to the education of adult learners. The association
- provides leadership in advancing the community, technical, basic and remedial education of adults by unifying the profession, providing professional development opportunities, funding educational research, communicating relevant legislation news to educators, providing scholarships to adult learners, and recognizing top state educators;
- promotes adult literacy, basic education, HiSET preparation programs, community education, technical education, special education, English as a second language (ESL), and other programs which assist adults to function and advance in society,
- sponsors and conducts an annual state conference and other activities which provide professional development and networking opportunities for adult basic, technical, and community educators and administrators; and
- advocates the importance of the interests and needs of adult learners and LAPCAE members to state agencies and state legislators for local organizations and the general public.